Plant Health Care Programs
The Program Includes 5 Visits:
- Spring - Dormant Oil
- Late Spring - Foilar Feeding
- Early Summer - Foilar Feeding
- Late Summer - Foilar Feeding
- Fall - Root Fertilizing
- Fertilizing of trees and shrubs
- Regular site inspections
- Insect Control (as needed)
- Designed to maintain healthy plants
- Increase the health and vigor
- Prevent plant stress before it occurs
Tree & Shrub Fertilizing
Fertilizing of trees and shrubs.
Generally there are two time frames that are best to fertilize trees:
Spring and Late Fall
Late Fall is the best time for root growth.
Spring nutrients are converted to essential plant compounds – sugars, carbohydrates and amino acids – that bolster stem, trunk and root growth.
Injecting fertilizer below the turf you can be confident that the nutrients are going into the tree and not being consumed by turf and ground covers.
Early Fall applications are generally NOT recommended because the resulting encouragement of growth that occurs may not allow adequate time for plants to harden off before the onset of winter.
Additional Plant Health Care Services
- Emerald Ash Borer
- Birch Leaf Miner
- Implant (Nutrient/Insect)
- Evergreen Program (Intensive)
- Root Excavation / Pruning
- Tree and Shrub Wrapping for Winter
- Site Inventory / Appraisals
For a FREE estimate on our Services